We also use technologies that are similar to cookies such as pixel tags and web beacons. Pixels are small portions of codes that we use on our site. We use pixels to learn whether or not you have clicked on certain web content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Web beacons are invisible picture files that are placed on our site. We use web beacons to see how you interact with our site and other websites and understand how often you view certain content so that we can make our website more efficient and easier to use. Web beacons collect limited information, including a cookie number, a record of the page on which they are placed and a timestamp. Websites may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. What cookies does MyMusicTaste use? We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our website as described below.
- First-party cookies
- First party cookies are served directly by us to your computer or device. MMT cookies are used to help us render basic site functionality and personalize your experience.
- Third-party cookies
- Third-party cookies are served by a third party on our behalf. Third-party cookies are used to understand patterns of user activity, devices used and traffic sources on our site.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some of the cookies we use are “session cookies,” meaning they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “permanent cookies,” meaning they survive even after your browser is closed. They can be used by sites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
What types of cookies do MyMusicTaste use and how are they used?
- Cookies necessary for essential purposes
- These cookies are essential to provide you with our site and any services available through this site as well as to use its features. These cookies tell us when you are logged in and help us show you the right information. They also enable and support our security features to protect your account and helps us to prevent fraudulent activity and violations to our Terms. You can block these cookies but as they are essential for our site to work, this may impact the provision of our service.
- Functionality cookies
- Functionality cookies record information about choices you have made and allow us to tailor the website to you. These cookies help us to provide personalized experiences for you.
- Performance and analytics cookies
- Performance and analytics cookies help us route traffic between servers to understand how we are performing so that we can provide you with the best experience possible. These cookies give us the insight to help us understand and improve features and content on our site. In particular, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool, to help us understand how many users engage with our site. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. They also help us to collect information about your activities on our site and/or the ads you have clicked on. For more information on Google Analytics, see here. You can block Google Analytics cookies here.
- Social media cookies
- On some pages of our site, third parties that provide applications through our site will set their own cookies to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. These cookies make interacting with social media platforms smooth and easy and are used to place our online advertisements on the social media platform and measure the effectiveness of that advertising. These features (such as Facebook’s Like button) are also used by our business partners to measure the success of their applications. If you are logged in to your account with the third party, the third party may be able to link information or actions about your interactions with MMT.
- Advertising and targeting cookies
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance